Jamie Cherry & Jim Gunther, Bringing a touch of San Francisco to Napa Valley.
Everyone can learn how to make the Corndog Omelet!
A visit from the FoodTube.net Network:
In May 2007 Jim Gunther and Jamie Cherry of San Francisco, CA, took the reins as the new innkeepers of The Inn On First, a contemporary Bed and Breakfast Inn. Jim and Jamie bring a fresh look and fervor to excel in service to their guests. What distinguishes their deluxe Bed and Breakfast Inn from any other in Napa Valley is the touch of San Francisco style they have added to the decor, and their focus on hospitality as a personalized gift to their guests.
With this particular Bed and Breakfast Inn, your innkeepers help orchestrate your memorable stay in the wine country of Napa Valley. It’s their combined talents that shape your experience. Jim and Jamie come from varied and diverse backgrounds that blend perfectly.
In The News!
- Bedandbreakfast.com gives some advice for trip planning from the innkeepers of Napa: Bedandbreakfast.com
- The Inn on First gets some press with those down-under: Read more here: The New Zealand Herald
- The Inn on First Innkeepers. Their suggestions prove invaluable for making your stay worthwhile. Read more here: The Cleveland Plain Dealer/Sun News
- The Inn on First Bed & Breakfast a popular place to stay. Read more here: Viator Things To Do
- The Inn on First Bed & Breakfast in Downtown Napa “is …one of the most popular options” Read more here: Passport Magazine
- The Napa Bed and Breakfast Experience Redefined: “Food is a big deal at The Inn On First” Read more here: 7×7 Magazine
- Top 10 Napa/Sonoma Romantic Hotels: “For a modern romance, this contemporary bed and breakfast…..” Read more here: PureLuxury.com
- Downtown Napa Luring Tourists: “The guests of The Inn on First, a quaint bed-and-breakfast in downtown Napa, gathered around the community table on a recent Sunday morning…..” Read more here: The Sacramento Bee
- Top 10 Napa Luxury Bed and Breakfasts: ”We chose The Inn on First…..” Read more here: ResortsAndLodges.com
- Napa Luxury Lodging The Inn on First Receives 500 Excellent Reviews: “As Napa’s luxury lodging inn, The Inn on First is proud to be the first Napa Valley bed and breakfast…..” Read more here: PRWeb
- The Inn on First Napa Bed and Breakfast Hits a Milestone of Providing 100 Different Breakfast Recipes: “The Inn on First Napa bed and breakfast, a contemporary inn has created more than 100 tasty recipes for breakfast….” Read more here: PRWeb
- New B&B owners bring bit of S.F. to Napa inn: “Jim Gunther comes from a large family — a very large family…..” Read more here: Napa Valley Register
The Inn On First named California Climate Leader 2014
The Inn on First, a California Green Lodging Property, was given a Climate Leader Award by the Cool California Organization and the California State Environmental Protection Agency in Sacramento California. The Presenter details some of the green efforts made by Jim Gunther and Jamie Cherry, owner of The Inn On First, in granting them this award.
Romantic Getaway in Napa Valley – via SFGate.com
Jim and Jamie’s Balloon Adventure 2012
Jim graduated from the California Culinary Academy (Le Cordon Bleu) in 1994. During his culinary training and post-graduation he worked for the Sherman House restaurant, a Relais and Chåteaux property, as assistant pastry chef, pastry chef and later as chief baker and pastry chef. Other Relais and Chåteaux properties in the Napa Valley include Auberge du Soleil, Meadowood and the French Laundry. A significant portion of Jamie’s professional career has involved customer service. Working with high profile, high net worth firms and individuals in the financial services sector has been his specialty. He enjoyed fostering positive relationships with both clients and colleagues in order to make both parties successful, and ultimately satisfied. His intention is to meet every challenge in ensuring the satisfaction of every guest at The Inn On First. Jim and Jamie’s backgrounds blend to make a unique and intriguing Bed and Breakfast Inn and culinary experience. You can experience their personalities imparted into all aspects of the inn. Jim strongly believes that in owning a “Bed and Breakfast Inn”, that the breakfast is just as important as the bed in that phrase. He is constantly updating the breakfast menus with a commitment not to repeat a breakfast for any returning guest.
Jamie’s customer service skills fit well into breakfast service and concierge duties at the inn. Also, with his keen eye for color and décor, he is always adding new touches that enhance the beauty of this contemporary Bed and Breakfast Inn: from paint color, to fabric swatches, to the placement of the items on the shelves and mantles!
As a gay-owned and operated enterprise, Jim and Jamie playfully think of their inn as “straight-friendly.” Their primary concern is that every single person who walks through the door feels comfortable and welcome in their home and at the breakfast table: whether straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender. Without prejudice to sex, color, creed, or any other distinction, what matters most to Jim and Jamie is that everyone becomes a part of The Inn On First family. With all these influences you can expect Jim and Jamie will be there to ensure you have the most exquisite and unique experience in Wine Country.
Memberships, Affiliations and Awards
Jim and Jamie have established many relationships in their industry. Below are some of the affiliations, of which they are most proud: (Images link to websites)